The increasing pressure on tax authorities to raise tax revenue collections puts businesses in an increasingly complex environment. With tax disputes likely to become a more common occurrence, how should senior executives and tax leaders formulate decisions to help navigate regulatory uncertainties and effectively resolve tax disputes?
Ex-IRAS tax litigator and WTS Taxise Senior Associate HanFeng Ma will lead the discussion on tax dispute management and resolution in the post-pandemic context. HanFeng will share practical tips and suggestions for navigating tax disputes effectively covering the following areas:
- Tax disputes – why it matters to you and what makes tax disputes unique?
- Tax Disputes – Common Areas
- Overview of the life cycle of a tax dispute
- Pre-Audit/Investigation Intervention
- Managing Audits/Investigations
- Civil Tax Litigation – an overview
- Criminal Tax Litigation – an overview
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Other general tips and pointers